Today through March 2rd, Shopbop is having a stellar event just in time to stock up for spring fashion. I love taking these opportunities to pick up a splurge piece that I have been saving for. Last event, I finally got my dream leather jacket that I’d been admiring for (literally) years. I wore it today for probably the 50th time – never will regret investing in an item I was sure I loved. This time around, I am considering this utility shirt and this crisp, white sweater. Happy Shopping!
I just returned from very fun visit to see my mom in sunny Florida. It was so nice to thaw out and be outside. Back to the grind now in Tulsa where it is positively freezing, although we escaped the snow dump that has affected to many this week.
I managed to raid my mom’s makeup drawer during my visit which always yields some fun discoveries. This time, my find was from one of her favorite brands, Marc Jacobs. This tiny little eyeliner packs a punch and has replaced my previous favorite.
The ultra-skinny pencil has a two millimeter tip that is unbreakable. The gel formula glides on effortlessly. The small size allows for precise application which is ideal for my preferred tightline look. And the waterproof formula lasts on the waterline throughout the day. For extra drama, I also work the pencil in between my lashes for a full lash effect.
I have been using Blacquer, a deep, inky Black. But I cannot wait to pick up Truffled (caramel brown) and Marine (dark blue).
I know I am always chatting about Shopbop, but living in Tulsa, it is my go-to for staples that are hard to find here. I looked down at my outfit for work today and it was literally head-to-toe Vince, all of which I have purchased on Shopbop. Granted, not everything I order works out. But they are champs about returns. But once I find I a line I love (Rag and Bone, Jenni Kayne, RAILS, Vince, etc.) it is so easy to make it a shopping resource. And I love they are adding more favorites to their inventory like the all time best laundry splurge here and great beauty buys like this device.
The details are shop with code MORE18 and get:
- 15% off orders of $200+
- 20% off orders of $500+
- 25% off orders of $800+
Some of my favorites right now are below.
I think I like the countdown to the holidays more than the holidays themselves. It is always a bit sad that you can’t be with everyone you adore on the big days. My family is scattered across the US. Plus, Christmas, especially, is so much pressure with presents and glitz and festivities. Maybe another reason I prefer the build up rather than the main event, is that I love Advent, the Christian celebration of the four Sundays leading up to the big celebration. A favorite childhood memory of mine is advent calendars – opening a door each day of December for small treats and the contemplation of what this time of year means to me, my family and my friends.
This year, The Body Shop, created the most extraordinary advent calendars for grown-up beauty junkies. Each day reveals a product that can celebrate the spirit of the season (or perk up from a holiday slump). There are 25 treats that delight. And little daily gifts are along the theme of nature inspired by the Enchanted Forest – something I always love being reminded of any time of the year.
I don’t want to spoil all the fun, but for those of you who want to know what is in it, the list is below. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
- Mini Peppermint Candy Cane Shower Gel 2 FL OZ
- Mini Mango Body Butter 1.69 oz
- Mini White Musk® Body Lotion 2 FL OZ
- Bunny Nail File
- Mini Strawberry Shower Gel 2 FL OZ
- Coconut ath Bubble Coconut 1 OZ
- Mini Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover 2 FL OZ
- Green Tea Bath Bomb Green Tea 1 OZ
- Mini Almond Milk & Honey Hand Cream 1 OZ
- Mini Pink Grapefruit Body Lotion 1 FL OZ
- Bath Lily Red
- Eyeliner Liquid Black .8 FL OZ
- Lip Definer Hot Date .03 OZ
- Mini British Rose Body Scrub 1.69 OZ
- Born Lippy™ Lip Balm Strawberry .31 OZ
- Mini Almond Milk & Honey Body Butter 1.69 OZ
- Brow & Lash Brush & Comb
- Mini Shea Hand Cream 1 OZ
- Eyelash Curler
- Mini Mango Shower Gel 2 FL OZ
- Eye Definer Black .03 OZ
- Strawberry Smoothing Face Mist 2 FL OZ
- Matte Lip Liquid Tahiti Hibiscus .2 FL OZ
- Full Size Coconut Body Butter 6.75 OZ
- Owl Face Towel
Available at The Body Shop and $173 value.
Oh how I love this time of year! The perfect time to pick up some fall staples at a steal. Shopbop is having their annual sale now through Saturday. Use code STOCKUP18 to save up to 25% off your order. Happy Shopping!
Nordstrom is the best at including beauty in their amazing sales. Brands offer exclusive products, sets and items during their yearly blowout. Plus, there is an amazing gift with purchase that includes Le Labo, Eve Lom, Oribe and much, much more. Below you can find some of my picks to stock up on:
- New to La Mer? Try out The Mini Miracles Collection with their classics: Eye Concentrate and Moisturizing Soft Cream.
- Another set of all-starts, The Gift of Glowing Skin Set by Charlotte Tilbury has her classic Magic Cream which adds such a beautiful glow, Magic Night Cream for a mega-dose of moisture and Wonder Glow, a correcting primer that is perfect for a natural look alone or under foundation.
- For something that looks beautiful on the vanity, HERBIVORE BOTANICALS Rosewater + Gemstone Trio looks great and is such a joy to use too. The Rosewater Cream is nourishing, Glow Mask brightens and the Rose Hibiscus Face Mist is perfect for hot summer days.
- A little bit random, but I am loving the Skinny Dip Pink + Rose Gold Manicure Set. The rose gold is so unique and I love the idea of having all my manicure tools in this tidy little set. Also perfect for travel or a small gift.
- For those who want to take a more natural approach to skin care, Tata Harper is hands down my favorite brand. The Complete Skin Care Regimen Set is a killer value with cleanser, serum, moisturizer and my favorite mask by a mile, Resurfacing Mask that makes skin glow like crazy.