When something achieves “cult” status, it becomes hard for me to resist it. And when it is a highlighter promising to add just the right amount of glow, I just have to see for myself. On one of my rare in-person visits to Sephora last week, I picked up BECCA’s Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Moonstone (a pale and neutral gold).
I really like RMS Living Luminizer, but prefer BECCA because it is slightly creamier (and easier to apply) and comes with lasting staying power. It provides what best is called “shine” thanks to luminescent pearls that absorb and reflect light. The pigment is nuanced making it both dramatic and natural because it molds to undertones. The neutral Moonstone works with my redness and both over tinted moisturizer and on bare skin.
My favorite part is the creaminess. There is no caking and my drier skin soaks up the nourishment. The finish is sophisticated and healthy. Other shades include:
- Sephora exclusive Champagne Pop shade, a soft gold with sunny, peach undertones—created in collaboration with Jaclyn Hill.
- Pearl: A soft, luminescent white that’s perfect for fair skintones
- Rose Gold: A rosy pink with warm-gold undertones
- Opal: A neutral, white gold with universally flattering, soft pink undertones; adds a perfect amount of radiance
- Champagne Pop: Bestselling shade that’s a soft gold with pinky peach undertones
- Prosecco Pop: True, ethereal gold, that flatters medium to deep skintones; perfect for anyone who wants a flash of golden radiance
- Topaz: Radiant bronze with golden undertones that’s perfect for deeper skintones; adds a sunkissed, bronzy glow on fair-to-medium skintones
Available at Sephora.