When I got wind of a new skincare line from bareMinerals, I knew almost immediately I would try it. I tinker a lot with what I use on my face, but since I really committed to Retin-A this winter, I knew I might need something steady to deal with the new state of my skin. Side note: Retin-A for me is transformative and I love it (talk to your doctor).
I will only speak to the three bareMinerals Skinsorials products I tried. And that is because the line is designed to cater to your particular skin type by selecting a cleanser and moisturizer. All routines use the same serum. Your skin might be better suited to alternatives, but my skin happened to love OIL OBSESSED Total Cleansing Oil, SKINLONGEVITY Vital Power Infusion and BUTTER DRENCH Restorative Rich Cream.
First up, this is an affordable line. My three products add up to $116 but you can get an introductory collection for $60.
OIL OBSESSED: This is probably one of my most favorite of all the oil cleansers I have tried. It is insanely light and develops into milky goodness to take off the day. My drier skin isn’t red or striped.
SKINLONGEVITY: This serum is not only replenishing but also can improve skin’s appearance. It is gentle enough to use on my angry/Retin-A skin.
BUTTER DRENCH: This minty rich cream absorbs quickly and is slightly lighter than this balm. It is perfect for those days when I am not insanely dry and I think it will be light enough to use through the summer months.
Some of the amazing ingredients bareMinerals included in the formulas:
- PEPPERMINT: A refreshing herb known for its astringent properties.
- CUCUMBER: The lightweight oil from the cucumber fruit helps nourish and hydrate skin while encouraging resilience.
- SUNFLOWER: Significant to Native Americans as a source for nutritional, medicinal and ceremonial practices, the emollient oil contains skin-loving vitamins and Omega 9 to help nourish skin.
- BILBERRY: Grown in Europe and handpicked in the wild underbrush, the oil of Bilberry is valued for its skin soothing properties.
- MINERAL-RICH SEA SALTS: Cultivated from the waters off the coast of Brittany, these sea salts, rich in Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium, help purify and refine the skin.
- SHEA BUTTER: A moisture-rich butter derived from the nut of the Karite tree.
- CALIFORNIA POPPY: A bright and brilliant flower native to California known for its resilience and ability to thrive in harsh conditions.
Available at bareescentuals.com and Nordstrom.
Nice photo 🙂