I want to dispell any preconceptions that Nutrisystem is all pre-prepared foods. While my breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts are all frozen or pantry, there are certain “grocery” foods that you add in to your diet. Many of them are unlimited! This week, I’ve been experimenting with adding some grocery items to the actual prepared meals. Some of my favorites:
- I love using low calorie almond milk in my smoothie – it ups the protein punch and tastes amazing
- Add some grape tomatos, sliced in half, on top of the Margarita Pizza and a little extra low-fat mozzarella cheese
- To fight off a cold, I added germ-fighting garlic to my Red Beans and Rice, not to mention a dose of Chalula (my favorite hot sauce)
- Fresh, sliced apples go great in the yummy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- To up the veggie content, I love adding spinach to the Garden Vegetable Omelet
- Sriracha and Garlic Chili paste add some zing to at least one meal a day (can’t wait to try them on the new Szechuan Noodles!)
This week, I lost 1.2 pounds for a total weight loss of 19.4 pounds. I’ll take it, especially since I skipped a few workout this week while fending off a nasty cold (successfully, might I add!).
Check out last week’s Nutrisystem post here.
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog.
Disclosure: As part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program, Nutrisystem has provided me with complementary meals in exchange for my honest thoughts on the Nutrisystem plan. The opinions expressed in my posts are strictly my own. No other compensation is being given.