I’ve been fielding loads of questions about caring for dry, chapped winter lips. I battle dry lips year round, so I am in even more of a pickle when the humidity plummets. Here are my favorites to have on hand over the colder months:
1. By Terry Baume de Rose: I was a little weary of a rose scented balm, but this rich formula melts into a glossy, nourishing treatment. I wore it over red lipstick yesterday and the effect was a blended, shiny pigment with loads of hydration. This also doubles as a great cuticle cream.
2. La Mer ‘The Lip Balm’: If mint is more your thing, this other luxury option is more of a solid balm with still the same nourishing hydration. The balm contains La Mer’s famous Miracle Broth™ with marine extracts, botanicals and vitamins to regenerate the delicate lip skin.
3. bliss fabulips sugar lip scrub: There are a couple different lip scrubs that are often repeated as “favorites”. I’ll tell you why I love this one: it is gentle while removing flaky mess and leaves behind Shea and Cocoa butters to soften and heal.
4. Kate Somerville ‘Quench & Correct’ Plumping Lip Gloss & Restorative Lip Treatment: This option is packed with skin care to help improve the appearance of your lips. The Correct end of the pen contains Hydra8™, boosting collagen renewal and eliminating dryness. On the other side, Quench, adds moisture and plumps. See Kate’s Winter Skin Care Tips here.
5. ChapStick Cooling & Soothing Lip Balm: I couldn’t be more tickled with the latest flavor of ChapStick: Peppermint. The same healing formula now has a cooling feel that seals in moisture while you brave the elements. I can’t think of a more festive lip balm.
what a pretty post!
Thank you, Lara! Means the world to me coming from a talent like you 🙂 xo