Fall trends are quickly approaching and there is no better way to try on a trend than your drugstore beauty aisle. For the autumn months, I am liking a natural, healthy-looking face with a bold lip. After months of wearing a bun in this hot weather, I am excited to stretch a blow out for a couple days – finally possible without the excessive heat. And for weekends, I love a super hydrated nude lip. Don’t forget to reassess your skin care and make sure you rotate out those more drying items.
1. Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Removing Wipes are the perfect “too tired to wash my face” cheat. I love how gentle these are on my drier skin. Literally, you have no excuse for going to bed with makeup on.
2. L’Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Caring Coral is another version of the lipstick/balm hybrids. This is a little thicker than the Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter, with better staying power.
3. Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk was the first dry shampoo I ever tried. It might even be the best. While it does have a white coloring, it absorbs well and works even on my dark brown hair.
4. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick has to be one of the coolest celebrity/beauty collaborations. Leave it to Kate Moss to create classic colors that look polished but utterly fashionable. They aren’t drying and stand the test of time (literally and figuratively).
5. Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith’s Rosebud Salve is always at my desk (I also like the mint variety). It is super hydrating – a must to prep for the vampy shades that will be popular this fall.
6. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector SPF 30, not to be confused with a foundation, is a ultra-light tinted foundation that has a radiance. It feels like you have nothing at all on, but it magically evens skin.
Note: I received the Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Removing Wipes as a Klout perk. All other items I purchased myself.
Lindsay, how do you compare the maybelline BB cream with the Garnier?
You are in my top 15 favorite bloggers here: http://daughterinlawdiaries.com/2012/09/04/one-lovely-blog-very-inspiring-blogger-award/
Share the “web-love” with your top 15 too!
It feels a little more sheer and luminous! I actually like it better. And thanks for the blog love! xoxox