Here’s a round-up of some of my favorite skin-savers I have found this summer:
1. Bliss Blood Orange+White Pepper Soapy Suds: I love a good lather (especially after a hot day), and bliss does it right. But at the same time, it doesn’t dry out your skin. They throw in aloe and vitamin E so soften your skin. I love this for a spicy bath, but it also works great in the shower. And the scent can’t be beat.
2. VI Derm Exfoliating Body Wash with 15% Glycolic and Body Lotion with 15% Glycolic: Those nasty red bumps on my arms and legs are never pleasant. But they are especially bothersome in the summer with tanks, swimsuits and shorts de rigueur. I used KP Duty this winter with some success, but my new favorite weapon against Keratosis Pilaris (50% of Americans have it) is glycolic in the form of body wash and lotion from VI Medical. The citrus scent is delightful and this stuff works wonders. Be careful – glycolic can make you more sensitive to the sun’s harmful rays.
3. AHAVA Mineral Suncare Sun Protection Anti-Aging Moisturizer, SPF 50: You have already heard me go on and on about quality sun care protection and how necessary it is. So I won’t repeat here. But what I also love about this sunscreen is the addition of minerals, vitamins and moisturizing agents. It takes the anti-aging mission a step further and makes my skin look better.
4. Giovanni Cool Mint Lemon Salt Scrub with Crushed Mint Leaves: This vegetarian scrub is like magic. Not only does it smooth, soothe and regenerate skin in the shower. It continues to cool skin long after you have dried off. This has to be an all time summer MVP, especially during these triple digit days down here in Oklahoma.
5. SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus Picaridin Towelettes: Bugs hate me and I hate them. Not only do they love to bite me, but I tend to have the most unattractive reaction with itchiness and red bumps. This travel-safe repellant has been my savior. It is completely effective, doesn’t smell obnoxious and keeps those suckers (literally) away.
I love the smell of the Bliss. I have a scrub and lotion that I love using in the summer.
You totally reminded me how much I love that Bliss Blood Orange & White Pepper scent! Perfect for getting me out of the bed in the morning. Question — how strong is the VI? Do you use it all over or just your arms? Do you use SPF 50 for your entire body after using that cleanser?
Great picks! I currently use the Neutrogena Grapefruit exfoliating body wash and like it a lot. The VI Derm products you mentioned look promising.