Fashion’s Night Out was started by Vogue’s Anna Wintour to celebrate shopping and fashion during the extraordinary economic times in 2008. This year, it is expected to be bigger than ever, with a massive amount of stores and cities participating. I am lucky enough to be in the fashion capital of the world, New York City, for the evening.
First, an inside scoop so you are looking your best:
You can book appointments for discounted blow outs at the ultra-chic and exclusive Ted Gibson salon and complimentary makeup application (courtesy of mark.) between 10am and 6pm. Call 212-633-6333 for appointments.
And onto shopping… here are some of the “heavy hitters” for fashion and beauty junkies alike.
- “Be the first to shop the FNO-exclusive nail polish
- gratis mini-manicures
- Oscar de la Renta will sign his limited-edition palette by Le Métier de Beauté in Bergdorf’s beauty department.
- BG Best in Show dog show will include Badgley Mischka, Cushnie & Ochs, John Barrett, Joseph Altuzarra, Lela Rose, and Reem Acra. Keren Craig of Marchesa and The Bag Snob’s Tina Craig decide which pup takes it all. (7-8)
- Estee Lauder Creative Makeup Director Tom Pecheux
- Rebecca Minkoff’s braid bar
- Marc by Marc Jacobs for nail art courtesy of Minx
Lord & Taylor
- At noon, the cosmetics floor will be home to dozens of makeup artists ready to touch up your makeup.
- At 6 p.m., celebrity makeup artists from Dior and Lancôme
- Laura Mercier counter will offer airbrush makeup applications.
- Fango facials from 6-11
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. meet Rachel Zoe at her accessories launch party
- RZ makeup bag with any purchase from her shoe and handbag collection