This spring, Illume and Sephora are expanding their Eternal Nomad collection – I hadn’t come across Illume goodies at Sephora so I was anxious to try out the product lineup. Not only does the name “Eternal Nomad” speak to my heart – I have a traveller’s soul – but the fresh, tropical scents are perfect for this time of year.
First, a little about Illume: the company is infused with the culture of travelers and seekers, reflecting on culture and color. I’ve known Illume mostly for their home fragrance. Made in the USA, Illume candles are made with either food-grade paraffin or an all-natural blend of coconut wax, beeswax and essential oils. I’m hooked on Gardenia, Tahitian and Amber Dunes (although I can’t say there isn’t a fragrance of theirs I don’t like).
The Eternal Nomad collection comes in three signature fragrances:
- Cactus Verde: A bright blend of cassis, pink sea salt, aloe vera and wild geranium with a hint of avocado.
- Thai Lily: A sensory ritual of Bali mango, blood orange and white nectarine – with Brazilian teak, Asiatic lily and a hint of musk.
- Coconut Mango: A tropical fusion of mango and coconut milk, infused with orange and eucalyptus oils.
The Coconut Mango collection has been warming me up for spring. I’ve been layering the products for a gentle, but long-lasting fragrance. The whole product lineup includes:
- Intensive Moisture Body Wash: this jumbo-sized body wash has a special formula that leaves skin hydrated. The water-soluble oils allow for lather but also strengthens skin’s natural protection barrier.
- Cocoa-Illipe Body Butter: this rich and thick butter is a champ against my dry skin, absorbing quickly but also adding a wallop of moisture.
- Lathering Body Scrub: Not much I love more than a foaming scrub – the tiny beads work to leave skin ultra ultra soft.
- Gold Lustre Shimmer Mist: This light-weight mist is going to be perfect once I get a little color going, having just a touch of glimmer and luxury.
- Sunlit Bronzing Lotion: Speaking of color, I am loving this bronzer for arms, legs and decolletage – it adds a luminous glow with moisture, adding just a touch of micro-fine gold mica pigments for sun-kissed look.
- A Nomad Journey Gift Set with 2-ounce tubes of Intensive Moisture Body Wash and Cocoa-Illipe Body Butter are stocked away for my upcoming beach vacation – could there be a more perfect scent for time by the sea?
The capsule collection is available online and launched in 63 stores (including Times Square, Union Square, Soho, Short Hills, Santa Monica, Topanga and South Beach) yesterday. I love everything I tried, but please please don’t miss out of the Sunlit Bronzing Lotion – it is too good!
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE WAS PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.