Back in the day, I was loyal to my Clarisonic, but it slowly made its way out of my routine. Not that I didn’t love it. I just got lazy about replacing brushes and used other ways to exfoliate and deep clean my skin. It wasn’t until the FOREO LUNA play plus landed on my desk that I realized how much I missed a face wash device.
I had tried the FOREO products before but hadn’t truly given it a solid couple of weeks in my routine. I am glad this play plus worked its way in. The battery operated device pulsates to remove dirt and grime without any irritation. Plus it is so portable, light and not bulkly one bit. It leaves my skin rejuvenated and fresh. Comes in Aquamarine, Fuchsia, Midnight, Mint, Pearl Pink, Purple and Sunflower Yellow $49; available now at foreo.com.
Now, FOREO’s toothbrush, Issa play, was something I was a little more hesitant about. I haven’t been hooked on an electric toothbrush and was worried that my teeth wouldn’t feel clean after using it. But I love the Issa and use it now morning and night. This travel-friendly brush is sleek and easily rinsed and cleaned. There are no replacement brushes or bulky covers. It lasts for 6 months, so it would be perfect to store away in your toiletries bag ready for your next jaunt, but, for now, I am using it at home just because I love it so much. It whitena and brightens your smile but also is super gentle on sensitive teeth and gums thanks to its gentle and hygienic silicone design. Comes in Wild Strawberry, Pink, Cobalt Blue, Summer Sky and Cool Black $49; available at ulta.com.
FOREO has challenged my thinking about design before with their face cleaning device. But their toothbrush really pushes the limit. And the result is lovely. This brush head seamlessly attaches to the brush for a sleek (and otherworldly look). Don’t worry about excessive charging or changing brush heads. The ISSA lasts up to 365 uses per full charge, requires no charging dock and the brush heads last for a whole year.
The design allows for maximum reach while massaging gums. This nonporous silicone brush has gentle bristles and pulsates to clean without scratching. The silicone is easy to clean and prevents backup of bacterial. The massaging action can help prevent gun recession.
I saw some feedback on their site that a small number of customers thought their teeth weren’t as clean as with a traditional (electric or not) toothbrush. What I’ve found is my teeth still feel clean but my gums aren’t irritated. And I think my teeth look whiter – albiet this isn’t a scientific observation. It could be the timer which keeps me accountable to brush the full two minutes. I just use my regular toothpaste – Sensodyne right now – and finish with some flossing!
Seems like skin care just moves more to the forefront every day. Not just for beauty buffs and bloggers, but for my gal pals and family too. I love that great skin is now valued as much as a great foundation! So I thought I would start out this little weekend series (aka Happy Valentine’s Day to Me) with my evening skin care routine. I don’t dive into formulas too much here – just discussing why I love the products.
1. Drunk Elephant Pekee Bar – I just started reviewing this line, but I am already obsessed with their bar soaps. Don’t let the bar form scare you – this formula is still toxin and soap-free. My skin is left balanced, moisturized, calmed and clean.
2. Foreo Luna – I use the Drunk Elephant to create a foam and then use this strange looking device to amp up the cleansing action. I use the Ultra Sensitive version and am still really pleased with the improvement in my cleansing action. While I will never relinquish my Clarisonic, I prefer this in the evenings. The low-frequency pulsation smooths skin, the device is waterproof and you never have to buy replacement brushes – bonus!
3. Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask – I don’t use this every night, but it is part of my routine a couple times a week. The black tea works against free radicals (which causes wrinkles – yuckie). The whipped texture is just too fun to use. And my revealed skin is clearer and softer. Plus, you guys… this stuff smells so darn good – like a warm, beach-front spa.
4. blisslabs active 99.0 anti-aging series multi-action eye cream – I know I have mentioned this eye cream before but it is just so darn good. I am also obsessed with a Kate Somerville version, but more on that later this weekend. I slather this on when my under-eye is looking rather crape-y and tired. And I’ll be darned – I look perked up instantly.
5. Tammy Fender Intensive Repair Balm – This last one is also a repeat, but I literally missed this moisturizer while I was out of town. The gel-like texture dives deep to nourish skin and I wake up with the glow that I usually only find in the summer months.
Shop The Post:
Foreo and Fresh samples generously provided by Neiman Marcus as part of the Beauty Ambassador Program. I consult for Neiman Marcus which is affiliated with the Neiman Marcus Group. Other products may have been provided by the company. As always, all opinions are my own. See Disclosure Page for more information regarding our use of editorial samples.