How am I going to spend this year’s Fashion Night Out? Why, with Bobbi Brown, naturally. And to all those who will be in New York City on September, 6th, join me! Bobbi will be with Leandra Medine, founder of The Man Repeller, one of today’s most influential and fashion-forward sartorial blogs. They will be chatting makeup, beauty and fashion advice and fall trends. And Bobbi’s Beauty Team makeup artists will be on hand providing complimentary makeup applications.
The event will be held at Bobbi Brown’s first ever Cosmetics Pop-Up Shop in Grand Central Terminal. And there you will be able to preview Bobbi’s Red Carpet Creamy Matte Lip Color ($24; otherwise available October 2012.). Only 500 will be released, adorned with a special Fashion’s Night Out insignia. It might just be the perfect fall lip and I cannot wait to get my paws on it.
The details: Grand Central Terminal Lexington Corridor (87 East 42nd Street) on September 6th, 2012 7:00pm – 8:00pm.
One of the thrills of Fashion’s Night Out are the exclusive launches fetting the occassion. This year, Chanel amped up its offering with three lip and nail duos. As always, Peter Philips, the creative director of Chanel Makeup, has hit the trend perfectly with the purples, plums and beiges. There are three new colours for lips – Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in La Délicate, La Provocante and L’Infidèle – and three new nail varnish colours to go with them – Chanel Le Vernis Délicatesse, Provocation and Infidèle. I’ve got my eyes on the vampy, purple set! How about you?
These shades will be available at select Chanel boutiques on September 6th.
Fashion’s Night Out was started by Vogue’s Anna Wintour to celebrate shopping and fashion during the extraordinary economic times in 2008. This year, it is expected to be bigger than ever, with a massive amount of stores and cities participating. I am lucky enough to be in the fashion capital of the world, New York City, for the evening.
First, an inside scoop so you are looking your best:
You can book appointments for discounted blow outs at the ultra-chic and exclusive Ted Gibson salon and complimentary makeup application (courtesy of mark.) between 10am and 6pm. Call 212-633-6333 for appointments.
And onto shopping… here are some of the “heavy hitters” for fashion and beauty junkies alike.
- “Be the first to shop the FNO-exclusive nail polish
- gratis mini-manicures
- Oscar de la Renta will sign his limited-edition palette by Le Métier de Beauté in Bergdorf’s beauty department.
- BG Best in Show dog show will include Badgley Mischka, Cushnie & Ochs, John Barrett, Joseph Altuzarra, Lela Rose, and Reem Acra. Keren Craig of Marchesa and The Bag Snob’s Tina Craig decide which pup takes it all. (7-8)
- Estee Lauder Creative Makeup Director Tom Pecheux
- Rebecca Minkoff’s braid bar
- Marc by Marc Jacobs for nail art courtesy of Minx
Lord & Taylor
- At noon, the cosmetics floor will be home to dozens of makeup artists ready to touch up your makeup.
- At 6 p.m., celebrity makeup artists from Dior and Lancôme
- Laura Mercier counter will offer airbrush makeup applications.
- Fango facials from 6-11
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. meet Rachel Zoe at her accessories launch party
- RZ makeup bag with any purchase from her shoe and handbag collection