While it is painfully clear how much I love all things NARS, I had never had one of their palettes in my possession. Sure, I can stock a Sephora with my eye shadows and blushes, but a one-stop shop palette? That wasn’t on my vanity. Until now…
For Fall, NARS is launching some pretty iconic blush palettes and a gift set in honor of one of my favorite cities, Los Angeles. First up, these blush palettes are perfect for makeup artists and budding makeup artists alike. Multiple shades can add depth and dimension and these four iconic and top-selling shades in both palettes are sure to be crowd pleasers.
Adult Content (above) has the following shades (clockwise from top left):
- Zen: Natural Beige
- Miss Liberty: Soft, shimmering peach
- Deep Throat: Flirty, sheer peach
- Desire: Cotton candy pink
Killing Me Softly (above) has the following shades (clockwise from top left):
- Gilda: Perfect coral with a hint of red
- Albatross: Luminous glow
- Orgasm: Peachy pink with golden shimmer
- Outlaw: Soft rose tone with golden shimmer
I still am lusting over NARS’ last gift set, NARS Hearts NYC so this might be one that I just cannot pass up. Especially since there are a handful of shades and products included that I already know and love. Based on the city’s top-selling shades, this set evokes the glamour of LA. Includes:
Eye and Cheek Palette:
- Deep Throat Blush: Flirty, sheer peach
- Abyssinia Eyeshadow: Delicate pearl sheen
- Étrusque Eyeshadow: Antique
- Outremer Eyeshadow: Bright true blue
- Bali Eyeshadow: Neutral brown
- Laguna Bronzing Powder: Brown with golden shimmer
Nail Polish in Trouville (Seashell pink)
Lip gloss in Turkish Delight (Pink sherbet)
Available September 1, 2013 at Barney’s Beverly Hills, Nordstrom (Topanga, Glendale, Westside, Farmers Market, Santa Anita, Santa Monica) and Saks Fifth Avenue Beverly Hills for $75.
Rite Aid has recently launched one of the coolest beauty events I’ve seen in a while! Rite Aid’s Eye Extravaganza began July 27th and will run through September 28th with tons of contests and discounts. Here are some details on your chances to win!:
First up, let’s get creative. Enter your best eye design and vote for three winners. Lucky victors will receive a $250, $150, or $100 Rite Aid gift card and beauty bag!
- Contest 1: Special Event Eyes (July 27 – August 9)
- Contest 2: Eyes That Get Noticed (August 19 – August 30)
- Contest 3: Smokey Eyes (September 9 – September 20)
Then, head over to Rite Aid’s Facebook page for L’Oreal’s Sweepstakes and a chance to win $50 Rite Aid gift card and beauty bag! There will be three chances to win so make sure to enter during each contest period listed above.
Lastly, don’t miss Eye University and coupons at Eyes.RiteAid.com. Eye University offers expert tips and tricks from L’Oreal, Rimmel, Almay and many others.
- Hashtag: #EyeExtravaganza
- Twitter: Beauty bag giveaways! @RiteAid
- Instagram: Share your eye looks on Instagram for more chances to win! @riteaidbeauty
And now for my favorite part! I get to giveaway one of these awesome beauty bags (contents pictured at the top of this post) with you, readers! Enter using the widget below. US Only.
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE MAY HAVE BEEN PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.
What better way to round out my week of guest posts than the fabulous JM from OpinionNothing.com. This girl has style not to mention is always up on what’s new in beauty living in the fabulous New York City. I asked her to share some of her favorites to beat the crazy heat this summer in the Big Apple:
When temperatures soar and humidity caps off at 100%, my favorite summer beauty products rise to the occasion. Whether I’m headed to the office or out to brunch with my girlfriends, these warm weather essentials keep me looking my best!
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder ($45) – This magic face powder comes in six shades and uses photoluminescent technology to soften light as it reflects off the skin. I like using Dim Light with a big, fluffy brush to set my foundation. It’s not a traditional mattifying powder, but I don’t mind a little bit of healthy shine.
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation with SPF 15 ($45) – I love Vitalumiere Aqua because it gives medium, buildable coverage yet still feels light like a tinted moisturizer. I can apply it with my fingers or an array of foundation brushes and my dry-to-combination skin looks great every time. BONUS: travel-friendly packaging and a luxurious scent.
NARS single eyeshadow in New York ($24) – Red eyeshadow is difficult to wear without looking like you have pinkeye, but New York is rich enough to pull off. It’s perfect for adding dimension to a neutral, summer-appropriate smoky eye or simply smudged along the lash line for a grungy pop of color. It pains me to say that New York is no longer available as a single eyeshadow, but you can still find it in the splurge-worthy NARS Loves New York palette.
Lipstick Queen in Hello Sailor ($25) – My number one lipstick pick for summer! Hello Sailor looks bright blue in the bullet, but the sheer, moisturizing formula works with natural lip color to create a shade of berry unique to every wearer. It makes teeth look whiter too! Literally my lips, but better.
NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Hyde Park ($25) – Red lipstick instantly perks up a simple look, but not when it’s melting off your face, or worse, in your purse. The latest Stalin Lip Pencils from NARS pass the test in both categories and Hyde Park, a gorgeous rosy red, is perfect for day or night.
Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover ($4.59) – No one appreciates a good at-home manicure like I do and step one is using the right tools. Resist the urge to use cuticle scissors. After five minutes wearing the gel, my cuticles are soft and trim. A quick wash with some soap and my nails are ready for bright colors!
Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Cleansing Mask ($5.49) – Before we go crazy thinking our pores are filled with dirt, let’s remind ourselves that blackheads are most often caused by oxidized oils, not filth. This cleansing mask contains both silica and salicylic acid to remove excess oils, leaving skin clean and blackhead-free in between facials. I like to apply it with a synthetic flat foundation brush for a spa-like feel at home.
I leave for summer vacation in less than two weeks (bonjour, Paris!) and you can bet I’m making room in my carry-on for everything on this list. With great skin, a perfect pout, and groomed nails, I’m ready to beat the heat on both sides of the Atlantic.
Sometimes, I get in a makeup rut. But sometimes that is only because it works so darn well for my mood, season, trends, etc. I’ve reached for these same five products so many times over the last couple of weeks, I had to share.
note: I know so many artists suggest applying foundation and concealer after eye makeup because of fallout. But for some reason, I just have a hard time evaluating when I don’t have a clean complexion. Plus, for this simple look, you don’t have too much risk for rogue eye makeup. So after foundation, concealer, tinted moisturizer and/or powder… here’s what’s next:
1. First, I use this to prep the eye and eliminate any redness in my eyelid.
2. I love eyeliner… a lot. And I use two different eyeliners because they do two very different things. First up, Dior Crayon Waterproof Eyeliner in Trinidad Black. I use this just like a Kohl eyeliner. I push the pigment into the base of my lashes on the under side. My technique is closing my eyes around the pencil and dragging it outwards. This takes practice but ensures even and quick application. Then I make sure to apply on my waterline on my lower lid.
3. I dug this gem out from my archives a couple weeks ago. I had forgotten how lovely it is! Using this brush, I apply Estée Lauder Pure Color Gelée Powder Eyeshadow Cyber Copper just up to my crease. That’s it! I’m all about simple when it comes to eyeshadow. If I am feeling motivated, I use this shade on my brow bones for a highlight.
4. And now for my second eyeliner. The NARS ‘Stylo’ Liquid Eyeliner in Carpates is a dream to use. The liquid stays put and the well designed pen allows for precision in both thick and thin lines. I place the pen just on the top of my lashes, right at the root, all the way across my lash line. If you are a cat eye fan, add a flick at the end.
5. Last but not least, mascara. I am a big believer in drugstore mascara mostly because I am vigilant in tossing a tube after three months. CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara, Water Resistant in Very Black is my current favorite. I get loads of volume and length but induvidual lashes still look feathery and separated.
The final look:
Speaking of Dior, attention Dior fans and Tulsa readers: today marks the launch of Spotlight on Dior, a make-up collection designed to compliment Raf Simons’ first ready to wear line for Christian Dior.
The collection is available exclusively at Saks and features:
- Diorshow Art Pen, a high precision, felt-tip eyeliner for creating the perfect catwalk eye
- Dior Twin Set Eyeshadow Duo in Fishnet Black, shadow stick and blending powder in deep black
- Diorshow Flash Corrector Pen, a correcting pen that removes makeup mishaps in a single swipe
- Diorshow Mono Eyeshadows in shades of purple, orange, crimson, aqua and shimmering white
- Dior 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow in Iridescent Leather
- Dior Vernis in shades from from cool aqua to bold purple
Come celebrate the launch at Saks Fifth Avenue Tulsa on Saturday, March 16 from 10 to 5 pm. Enjoy wine and sweet treats and get Beauty advice from Regional Dior Artist, Erik Martinez. To book an appointment with Erik or learn more about the Spotlight on Dior Collection, please contact Amanda Viles, Saks Fifth Avenue Marketing Director at 9183.744.0200 ext. 203.
Time after time, Chantecaille stuns with their palettes benefiting wildlife. They honor their cause while still being beautiful and wearable. This season’s is no different. The Save the Sharks Palette is graphic and fresh that translates into either a neutral or bold look but both very feminine.
I’ve been wearing the palette out and about for a couple weeks. First, I love that the artwork of the palette is not disturbed by use (this isn’t always the case). The dual shades of each pot blend beautifully, and with a smaller brush you can use the individual shades.
- Great White – a creamy, iridescent beige inspired by the apex of our oceans’ ecosystems, the Great White shark. I use this on the brow bone and in the corner of my eyes for a highlight.
- Gray Reef- a true, shimmering taupe with a touch of grey inspired by the Indian and Pacific Oceans’ Grey Reefs sharks. I swipe this on on my lids, just to the crease. This is perfect for a quick everyday look.
- Black Tip – a deep ocean blue in the pan, this shade is closer to navy/black and inspired by the inky fin of Black tip sharks. While I reach for this only occasionally, I like using an eyeliner brush to apply right at the lash line. I think setting a liquid liner with a powder like this improves staying power.
- Sea Anemone – a iridescent and sheer pink shade inspired by the underwater gardens of the tropical seas. This makes for a great highlighting blush, but don’t be afraid to use it on your lids too. Pastels on the lids are a thing this spring, ya know.
I love a look good, feel good product. For each purchase of this palette, a portion of all proceeds will be donated to BLOOM Association. BLOOM works towards banning shark fining. Several shark species have been decimated by 95% largely because of Asia’s growing and unregulated shark fin trade. The fins are used in a soup and the practice of harvesting is done in barbaric ways. The decimation of the shark population also hurts our ecosystems.
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE WAS PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.